EdChoice Scholarship Program
The EdChoice Scholarship Program provides state-funded scholarships to students who attend or are assigned to an EdChoice designated public school buildings. The scholarship must be used to attend private schools that meet requirements for program participation.
The application period for the Traditional EdChoice and EdChoice Expansion
Scholarship programs will open February 1st, 2022 and will remain open through June 30th, 2023.
The following students are eligible to apply for an EdChoice scholarship:
• Those enrolled in and attending EdChoice public school buildings in their districts of residence;
• Students enrolled in and attending community schools who would otherwise be
assigned to EdChoice public school buildings;
• Students enrolled in and attending public schools in their districts of residence who would be assigned to EdChoice public school buildings for the upcoming year;
• Student enrolling in Ohio schools for the first time who would be assigned to
EdChoice public school buildings;
• Students eligible to enter kindergarten in fall of 2022 (and who will be 5 years
old by January 1, 2023) who would be assigned to EdChoice public school
• Students whose sibling received a traditional EdChoice Scholarship in the
• Students entering grades K-4 who would be assigned to EdChoice public
school buildings regardless of where they attended school the previous year;
• Students who are foster children;
• Students who reside in a certified foster home;
• Students placed with a guardian, legal custodian or in kinship care;
• Students who resided in the same household as a student who was placed with a guardian, legal custodian or in kinship care for at least 45 consecutive days;
• Students who reside in the household of another for at least 45 days and but for not living there would have been homeless; or
• Students who resided in a household with a student who would have been homeless (see previous criteria) for at least 45 consecutive days.
Students who DO NOT meet any of the preceding eligibility criteria may still be eligible for the EdChoice "Expansion" scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
• Student does not live in the Cleveland Municipal School District; and
• Family household income is at or below 250 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Click Here for more information. Contact Principal Ginny Minnick to apply.
St. Augustine Parish Tuition Assistance
Parish families are already supporting the school through their parish contributions because the school is a ministry of the parish, therefore we will give priority consideration to requests from families that meet the qualifications for “Active Parishioner”.
Active Parishioner includes:
● Registered members of a Catholic Parish
● Attends weekly Mass and Parish events
● Volunteers time, talent and treasure to the Parish/School
A Tuition Assistance application from the family is required, indicating both the amount of assistance requested and the reason(s) why assistance is needed. All requests will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. The amount allocated will depend
upon the number and amount of requests. Final decisions about Tuition Assistance will be made upon review of the application document by the Pastor and Principal. Families will be notified of Tuition Assistance as soon as possible.
Contact Principal Ginny Minnick to apply.
St. Augustine Catholic Church
210 E. Clinton St.
Napoleon, Ohio 43545
Reverend Jerry Schetter
Office: (419) 592-7656
St. Augustine Catholic School
722 Monroe St.
Napoleon, Ohio 43545
Mrs. Ginny Minnick
Principal Office: 419-592-3641